By Rev. Ronald Yeater
Bethel Baptist Church's first organizational meeting was held October 2, 1966, presided over by the Rev. Stephen Black of Patterson, N.J. who had been working with Evangelical Missions.
Ten people were present and eight were appointed to duties within the parish. The old Community Hall where the meeting was held was used by the church people until it was destroyed by fire. The next move was into the old school building located near the Niagara Road.
Services continued under the direction of the Rev. and Mrs. Black, and Miss Muriel Vanderlip, until they left in 1971.
In November of that year the Rev. Ronald Yeater and his family moved to Moncton area to serve Bethel Church. An old church property was purchased from Mr. Gary Wilson, which had been built in 1949.
A dedication service for the remodelled basement was held February 18, 1973. As the congregational grew, the basement became too small and the building was jacked up and an auditorium added. Completed in 1974, the congregation continued to work on the inside of the structure and dedication ceremonies were held on June 27, 1976. Incorporation papers were accepted when fully organized services were possible in 1979.
By the spring of 1980 further construction was begun and sod turning ceremonies were held on June 22, 1980. The building was completed by the end of the year.
Pastor R.E. Yeater and his family reside in Pine Glen, and he continues to minister to Bethel Baptist Church, Riverview.