By Lawrence Matthews

Activities of Jehovah's Witnesses in the Moncton area began in 1920 but their establishment as a congregation in the Riverview Community did not begin until 1973 and the local Kingdom Hall was completed and ready for use in February 1975.

A second congregation including some families on the Salisbury Road as well as on this side of the river was added in 1979.

About 170 families use the Riverview facilities of the Jehovah's Witnesses, located on the Pine Glen Road.