(no author noted)
The present Gunningsville school was erected on the Karolie Road, just around the corner from the original structure, in 1951. Five years later, in 1956, an addition was built which resulted in a structure housing a library, an auditorium/gymnasium and, at the present time, eight classrooms. Due to population growth in the area, there are also five portable classrooms and the complex serves the whole of east Riverview and beyond as an elementary school.
At the present time, the school has 13 regular teachers on staff as well as a resource teacher, a secretary, a librarian assistant and several custodians. Music, Art, Physical Education and French specialists who rotate between various schools in the district are also part of the Gunningsville teaching team.